side menu icon
Council map

Our Council

Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana is the leading organization for leadership development of girls, grades K to 12, in 11 counties of southwest Indiana.

Physical and Mailing Address   

Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana, Inc.
223 N.W. 2nd Street
Evansville, IN 47708

Phone: 812.421.4970
Fax: 812.421.4980

Council Office Hours

Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Central

Closed on Saturday and Sunday

book1_32

Council Office Closure Policy

The council office may, on occasion, be closed unexpectedly, due to uncontrollable factors, such as unusual weather conditions.  GSSI will attempt to post closings on the Web sites of local media and on the council Facebook and Web site. On days when Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation school (EVSC) closures are announced, the council office will open 1 hour later than normal and may close one hour earlier than normal. On days when EVSC schools are operating on a delay, the council will be open during its normal hours. To verify if the council office is open, call 812-421-4970, Ext. 326 or Ext. 305.

back-in-time_32

Council History

Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana was organized as Raintree Council on September 10, 1957. In March 1958, Girl Scouts of the USA officially chartered it to provide Girl Scout programming in Vanderburgh, Warrick, Spencer, Perry, Posey, and Gibson Counties. In November 1961, White County, Illinois, joined Raintree Council. In September 1962, the council extended its jurisdiction, adding Martin, Pike, Daviess, and Dubois Counties in Indiana. In 2007, White County, Illinois transferred to Shagbark Council, and in 2008, Knox County, in Indiana, was added to Raintree Council. In June, 2010, Raintree Council's corporate name was changed to Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana.