Policy for Using Cookie Dough in Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana
Cookie Dough is credit that girls may choose as a cookie sale program recognition, that can be used by registered Girl Scouts to pay for activities and supplies associated with Girl Scouting.
Note! Only registered Girl Scouts may use Cookie Dough. A girl must be a registered Girl Scout at the time she uses her Cookie Dough.
- A girl may choose up to a $250 per year in Cookie Dough.
- Cookie Dough is not legal tender.
- Cookie Dough may be transferred among sisters, but cannot be transferred to other individuals or troops, or used to purchase other cookie awards.
Girl Scouts may use Cookie Dough in the following ways
- Purchases at/through Katie's Korner, the council office retail shop
- Katie’s Korner purchases onsite at day and resident camp, or at council events
- Girl Scout equipment, uniforms, handbooks, purchased at Katie’s Korner or other equipment agencies. When items are purchased at other equipment agencies, Cookie Dough is deducted from a girl’s balance and a reimbursement check is issued, after receipts are presented/processed at the council office. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- Council events/programs
- Service unit events
- Council-approved troop/group activities/trips (activities beyond regular troop program...i.e., field trips where entrance fees are involved, overnight trips, etc.)
- Day camp/transportation and resident camp. Note: Girls who choose Cookie Dough as recognition for cookie sales are given preference in the awarding of Camperships (financial assistance offered to families who cannot afford Girl Scout activity/camp fees).
- destinations trips
- GSUSA membership dues
- Lifetime Membership. Must be at least 18 years old.
Cookie Dough may be accumulated
Girl Scout Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors—Cookie Dough for this group
is valid from the date of issuance in the spring of the year it is
earned—usually June—until September 30 of that year, plus two
additional fiscal years. (This is a time frame of about 2 years, 2-4
months, because Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana’s fiscal year ends on
Girl Scout Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors—Cookie Dough for this group is valid from the date of issuance until September 30 in the year of the holder’s high school graduation.
Cookie Dough that is not used within the designated time period reverts to GSSI.
Using Your Cookie Dough
Regardless of the purpose for which a girl uses Cookie Dough, a Girl
Scout Cookie Dough Form for Girls must be filled out, signed by her
parent, and submitted to the appropriate person (indicated on the
form), before Cookie Dough can be accessed.
Processing Cookie Dough for day camp/transportation, service unit events, council-approved troop activities, and trips requires four to six weeks; hence, the Girl Scout Cookie Dough Form for Girls for those purposes must be submitted four to six weeks in advance of the time it is to be used. For all other uses described above, Cookie Dough is available for immediate use when a Girl Scout Cookie Dough Form for Girls, signed by the girl’s parents, is presented at Katie’s Korner—in the council office or when the shop is onsite at an event or activity.
Council Office and Shop Hours
Monday -Friday 9 .am. to 5:00 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
812.421.4970 Ext 306
800-757-9348 Ext 306
Fax - 812.421.4980
Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana, Inc.
223 NW 2nd Street
Evansville, IN 47708