Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana, Inc. | Who We Are | Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana. The following positions are open:
Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana is seeking a CAMP DIRECTOR for two (2) overnight camp weekends and one (1) extended weekend camp in Cannelton, IN, during the 2014 summer camp season. Responsibilities include management of camp budget, recruitment of staff, supervision of several camp subcommittees throughout the year, holding evening monthly meetings until camp starts, purchase of camp supplies, scheduling, organizing, and implementing weekend programs/activities/training, overseeing registrations, and any additional duties for camp, as needed.
- Age 21 or older
- At least 2 or more years of outdoor camp Experience
- At least 2 or more years of directing leadership experience
- Must have strong administrative skills (Win/Word/Excel)
- Organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Physically able to climb large hills and hike long distances
- $1,750, plus mileage reimbursement
Please send resume to Angie King, Director of Membership and Community Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 812.421.4980.
Reports to: Director of Retail & Administrative Services
Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana is seeking a Business & Retail Coordinator to work as part of a team to provide diversified administrative and retail support to both internal and external customers. This position has responsibility for completing administrative clerical duties in support of the business department as well as providing customer service and support through retail and front desk.
- Fielding incoming calls to the corporate office. Ensuring each caller is given accurate information and directed to appropriate staff members.
- Greeting and directing visitors of the corporate office to appropriate staff and resources available, ensuring that information given is accurate.
- Providing excellent customer service through in-person contact, phone and electronic communications, by continuously working to overcome and exceed expectations.
- Processing vendor orders for retail merchandise, including processing of incoming/received orders.
- Monitoring and advising retail staff of national pricing changes, new merchandise, and clearance merchandise information.
- Monitoring inventory and directing/completing regular physical inventory counts to ensure system accuracy.
- Assisting volunteers, parents, and other community partners in the submission of membership forms and payments.
- Preparing and modifying documents, including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails.
- Assisting shop customers in selecting appropriate merchandise and supplies from the council shop, including advising customers on the appropriate placement and use of materials purchased.
- Attending and assisting with council events and activities throughout the council’s jurisdiction.
- Facilitating traveling and camp trading posts throughout the council’s jurisdiction, including the possibility of overnight travel.
- Assisting members with registrations for events, programs, and trainings.
- Completing light janitorial duties around the corporate headquarters and camp trading posts.
- Assisting the staff in day-to-day operations.
- Operating office equipment including copiers, faxes, duplicators, laminators, collators, fax machines, folders, and other general equipment utilized by the council.
- Reviewing and processing payments received by the corporate office.
- Stocking and refreshing merchandise display areas.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The ability to pass criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license
- Clerical and/or retail experience a plus
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Professional and courteous attitude
- Reliable transportation
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Service-oriented attitude
- Ability to work individually or as a team
- Motivation to succeed
- Ability to accept change
- $8.75 - $9.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Benefits offered: vacation, holidays, sick days, and 403b
Contact: Christopher Goodman, Director of Retail and Administrative Services, at email@example.com, or fax to 812.421.4980.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.